Week by Week

Monday, June 23, 2008

Stamina in Limitations

Blog #4 (pages 48-62)

In our next reading we take a look at stamina in limitations. We all have limitations. The author mentions his unique limitations his first year of college. He found him self socially, physically, and even academically limited at first. This is where the rubber meets the road. Are we to give in and throw in the towel or dig in regardless of our limitations. The author chose the latter and determinded to "hang on in faith, believing that God had a purpose for me at MIT and remembering who I was: God's Friend" (page 61). Seeing things differently is one way you endure during limitations. It's easy to see the giants of frustration, confusion, economic hardship in the promised land of purpose God has called you to. What we have to do is see yourself the way God sees you, hold on to his purposes for your life and that fact that he is your friend. The paragraph below will give you some insight into how important it is to see yourself as God see's you.

"... the enemy is so frightened by who you are he's working overtime. He has placed whole attachments and drigades and squads of frustrating, limiting, even devastating circumstances around you just so he can prevent you from seeing who you really are - God's empowered friend" (page 62)

Wow! What a revelation. We are in a battle but we serve the victor, the King of Kings. As you reflect on this weeks reading, what are some strategies and principles of God's word you have used to endure during times of limitations in your own life?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To be honest my reaction to facing difficulties has been similar in my saved life as it was in my unsaved life. My response in difficult situations has normally been to push harder. I am naturally strong willed, and this method of problem solving has gotten me into a lot of trouble. But, what the book has helped me to realize is that during my limitations I need to focus on God more and rest in his ability and not my own to get myself through whatever issues I may face. Once again, the prevailing principle to me is that I can have an expected outcome to my limitations because God is my friend. And, it is He who is the one who is working all things out for my good.